As we continue making changes in our day-to-day lives to help stem the spread of COVID-19, I want to give you an update on what Leadership Oakland will be modifying as an organization and how you can continue to safely engage with each other during this period of social distancing.
Starting March 18, most of the Leadership Oakland team will be working remotely until April 10, at which time we will reassess our current policy of working remotely.
In the meantime, Susan, Michaela and I are still available to you via email and cell phones. We will only have periodic access to US Mail and ask, where possible, to please submit correspondence or applications digitally to: email@example.com.
In accordance with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations and Executive Orders 2020-09 and 2020-11 signed by Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Leadership Oakland must make alternate accommodations for all of its events that may fall under these guidelines. To that end, the following changes have been implemented:
• Leadership Oakland's 30th Anniversary scheduled for April 23rd from 5:30-9:00 at the Townsend Hotel has been postponed until October 1, 2020. All registrations and sponsorships will be transferred and we will continue to offer sponsorship opportunities and ticket sales between now and the event in October. Any guest who purchased a ticket prior to March 17, 2020 and is unable to attend the new October date will receive a refund.
• The Breakfast of Champions Speaker Series featuring Dr. Priscilla Archangel on March 31st has been moved to October 20th. All registrations and sponsorships will automatically transfer. We will continue to offer sponsorship opportunities and ticket sales between now and the event in October. Any guest who purchased a ticket prior to March 17, 2020 and is unable to attend the new October date will receive a refund.
• The Breakfast of Champions Speaker Series featuring a Young Professionals Panel on April 28, 2020 has been canceled. At this time no future date has been selected.
• The LO Alumni Association Monthly Meet Up social events have been canceled for the months of March and April. We will evaluate the possibility of future LOAA Meet Up dates in May 2020.
• While the bedrock of the Cornerstone class is in experiential learning and collaborative engagements, LO must lead by example and be adaptable in these uncertain times. Therefore, LOXXX will move to a distance learning format starting in April with the Arts and Culture Session. LO will use video conferencing, web learning, virtual tours and other distance learning environments to provide a valuable learning experience from a safe distance.
• Monday, March 23rd the alumni directory will be available to all LOAA members. We know that in times like these the LO network can really make a difference for people.
• Author Series Launches this month! We are very excited to have our alumni writing content for us to share out on our website, social media and in future email newsletters. Interested in submitting an article? Click here for more information.
• Lastly, Leadership Oakland is excited to welcome Class LOXXXI in September, 2020. We have our session dates and application on our website.
If we have learned anything from the past 2 months, it is that leadership matters. We at Leadership Oakland know that the reason Southeast Michigan will be stronger, more prosperous and more connected when this crisis abates is due to our local leaders who bravely choose to step towards the problem and not away.