Position Title: Office Administrator (Part-time)
Supervisor: Executive Director
Office Location: Pontiac, MI
Organizational Summary: Leadership Oakland (LO) is Southeastern Michigan’s premiere collaborative leadership experience. Since 1990, we have been providing our Cornerstone Classes the opportunity to grow and enhance vital leadership competencies outside of the workplace. And with over 1500 leaders from corporate, civic and non-profit organizations throughout the community, our graduates have access to a vital network of like-minded leaders to collaborate with and move our community forward.
Position Description: This position is essential to the success of Leadership Oakland. The office administrator is detail-oriented, a creative flexible problem solver with outstanding communication skills. He/she should have prior experience in an administrative capacity in a professional environment. Multitasking and the unique ability to handle the unexpected are essential qualities needed.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Ensure effective communications and execution of tasks
- Maintain facilitation of all office functions and services
- Act as primary liaison between the staff and office building management, providing information, answering questions, and responding to requests
- Act as a resource to LO Alumni in answering questions
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- Warmly welcome visitors to our facility/events; answer and direct phone calls promptly, and maintain office efficiency arranging necessary services and supplies
- Perform a variety of administrative duties, such as generating and distributing internal and external communications, letters, spreadsheets, and forms; and sorting and distributing incoming mail
- Assist with billing by sending invoices; maintaining participant databases; tracking accounts; overseeing the program application and agenda workflow, participating in event planning and assisting in copying and distributing internal documents as requested
- Update spreadsheets used by staff and the board as requested
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2 plus years of administrative experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Constant Contact, Google Suite of Products, Zoom, and with an aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Previous success in office management
- Experience managing budgets and expenses
- Experience developing internal processes and filing systems
- Comfortable handling confidential information
- Ability to adapt to changing situations in a calm and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to achieve measured outcomes
This position requires the ability to operate phones, computers and other office equipment and the physical ability to perform light lifting. This person must be able to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing. Work its typically performed in an office setting. This person may be required to travel to various locations throughout metro Detroit and Oakland County, Michigan. Generally, the working conditions have little or no exposure to extreme safety hazards or hazardous materials.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample via email to Susan Hollady, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is part-time with 20+ hours per week to start.
Learn more about Leadership Oakland by visiting www.leadershipoakland.com and following us on Facebook and LinkedIn.