Position Title: Program Director
Supervisor: Executive Director
Office Location: Pontiac, MI
Organizational Summary: Leadership Oakland (LO) is Southeastern Michigan’s premier collaborative leadership experience. Since 1990, we have been providing our Cornerstone Classes the opportunity to grow and enhance vital leadership competencies outside of the workplace. With over 1,500 leaders from corporate, civic and non-profit organizations throughout the community, our graduates have access to a vital network of like-minded leaders to collaborate with and move our community forward.
Position Description: The Program Director guides and manages the overall Cornerstone Class for Leadership Oakland – the keystone of the Leadership Oakland Experience. This includes process, policies, curriculum, facilitation and course evaluation.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborates with the Executive Director to ensure programs are managed to meet organizational goals and objectives in alignment with LO’s strategic direction
- Plan and implement the Cornerstone program and schedule
- Provide guidance to Executive Director to identify the best participants for the Cornerstone Class
- Assist and support in identifying sponsors for each Cornerstone session
- Support the management in the budget for Cornerstone Program
- Represent the LO Cornerstone Program in the community
- Partner with the Executive Director to foster relationships and engagement with Cornerstone sponsors and alumni
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 plus years of experience in adult education, group facilitation, leadership, and community needs
- Broad knowledge of the Oakland County Region, it’s history and cultures
- Broad knowledge of nonprofit organizations, civic groups, municipalities and major companies in Oakland County
- Excellent skills in public speaking, facilitation, communication, organization
- Excellent skills in relationship development and management
- 2 plus years planning, organizing, and implementing programs and events
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Constant Contact, Google Suite of Products and Zoom
Education and Experience:
- Degree – College degree required in related field such as management, human resources, adult education, leadership and training; graduate degree is a plus
- Minimum 3+ years of experience managing multiple programs or projects – 5 years preferred
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Adult Education / Training
- Employee Training
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Program Management
- Other requirements: Previous participation in a community leadership program is beneficial
This position requires the ability to operate phones, computers and other office equipment, and the physical ability to perform light lifting. This person must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with others. Work its typically performed in an office setting (temporarily remote). This person may be required to travel to various locations throughout metro Detroit and Oakland County, Michigan. Generally, the working conditions have little or no exposure to extreme safety hazards or hazardous materials.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample via email to Susan Hollady, Executive Director at email@example.com. This position is part-time with 30 hours per week to start.
Learn more about Leadership Oakland by visiting www.leadershipoakland.com and following us on Facebook and LinkedIn.